Fairleigh Dickinson University’s MBA candidates are specialists in seeking solutions. Each semester, advanced MBA students form consulting teams to partner with New Jersey based ventures to tackle complex business situations and provide tailored entrepreneurial and innovative business strategies, creative business models, and effective business plans.
- An entrepreneurial start-up venture seeking help in developing a sustainable business strategy
- A dynamic emerging small business seeking advice on how to best finance and capitalize your company in these turbulent times
- An established mid-size firm targeting future success by breaking into uncharted markets seeking business and customer intelligence critical to creating new innovative business strategies
- An entrepreneurial minded mature company, aware of the changing and uncertain environment, seeking fresh perspective to make strategic portfolio tradeoffs and decisions
- A non-profit enterprise seeking assistance to formulate a new “business” strategy that strengthens, enhances and sustains the mission
Partnering with an FDU Venture Creation and Development student team can make a difference in your quest to take your business to the next level. For fifteen weeks, a student team will work with you and your management team to conduct industry and market research, disseminate information, and craft creative strategic proposals that will help you achieve the goals you have set for your business venture.
The “Venture Creation and Development Program” has provided services to over 185 organizations since its inception in 1992. In collaboration with the Silberman College of Business Department of Marketing and Entrepreneurship and the Rothman Institute of Entrepreneurial Studies, our MBA consulting teams work under the guidance and supervision of highly successful entrepreneurs, angel investors, professional experts and exceptional faculty members.
We are currently accepting applications for this coming semester. Interested companies should expect to spend a considerable amount of time working closely with their MBA consulting team as an extension of their company’s own management team. We empower our student teams to make their own decisions as to which company, from the many that apply, they would like to consult with. They will undertake extensive research, work closely with you and your team, and provide tailored “deliverables” and “recommendations” based on comprehensive business planning frameworks.
Applications are due by January 21, 2010 for spring semester teams. All materials will be kept confidential, and if a student team chooses your company, each will sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement to protect your interests. While the consulting we provide is a free service, we request that you make a $250 donation to the program if your venture is chosen to help defray costs of market research, customer surveys, printing and related administrative expenses. To find out more information and to request an application, please contact either of the professors.
Professor Gina Tedesco Professor Lindsey Greene Barrett
908-696-8884 or 973-216-6267 201-739-9254