One of the positive benefits of tough economic times is that we look among our friends and family for resources. Our value system rotates as we head into the holiday season. Gifts are symbolic of the value we place on friends and loved ones. Often the symbolism far outweighs the dollar value of the gift. Sharing a new idea, a new adventure, a new acquaintance are personal gifts that are priceless. Showing interest in the lives of those around us is a priceless gift. The gift of time is a priceless gift. The old fashioned idea that "little things mean a lot" is really not so old fashioned.
As you get caught up in the cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie, take time to give some hugs, smile a lot and share happy thoughts. These are the gifts you can give that mean so much to everyone that you come in contact with.
Happy Thanksgiving to you, your family and friends from all of us at Garden State Woman.
Latest from Judy Chapman
- Business Summit for High School Girls Draws Capacity Crowd
- Happy Holidays from Garden State Woman!
- Centenary Stage Company’s Family Holiday Spectacular Mary Poppins Continues Its Run At The Lackland Performing Arts Center.
- GSW Education Foundation (GSWEF) and Oasis Host Teen Girls Leadership/Success Summit
- NJAWBO August 2016 Networking Events