Have you heard of the Move Over Law? Although it has been in effect in New Jersey since January 2009, it seems that few drivers pay attention to the Mover Over Law (39:4-92.2). When you see flashing lights on the side of the road, slow down, and if it’s safe to do so, Move Over – away from police, fire crews, paramedics and tow truck drivers. The DMV is conducting a campaign to raise awareness of this law. Check out their website to learn more.
Ignoring the law can result in a fine of not less than $100 or more than $500. Listen to some stories of service people who have lost their lives by those who have neglected to Move Over. Please stay attentive and drive safely to keep our protectors and roadside helpers safe.
Latest from Judy Chapman
- Business Summit for High School Girls Draws Capacity Crowd
- Happy Holidays from Garden State Woman!
- Centenary Stage Company’s Family Holiday Spectacular Mary Poppins Continues Its Run At The Lackland Performing Arts Center.
- GSW Education Foundation (GSWEF) and Oasis Host Teen Girls Leadership/Success Summit
- NJAWBO August 2016 Networking Events