A Divine Cape May Bed & Breakfast
Experience exceptional hospitality. Welcoming guests since 1980, The Queen Victoria® Bed and Breakfast is renowned for extraordinary service and great attention to detail. Be assured of superior accommodations adhering to the strict and high standards of Select Registry, Distinguished Inns of North America.
Stay in the center of Victorian Cape May one block from the Atlantic Ocean, historic tours, fine restaurants, and shopping.
Use the facilities of two impeccably restored 1880s homes and an 1876 gambling parlor with picturesque porches, comfortable parlors with fireplaces, and pantry areas always available to you with complimentary beverages, ice, hot chocolate, and an assortment of fine teas and coffees.
Enjoy the picturesque porches with rocking chairs and wicker swings to carry you back to a quieter time.
Savor a generous breakfast served buffet style and afternoon tea in the British fashion with decadent sweets and savories served on the porches or in front of a glowing fireplace.
Choose from Thirty-two inviting rooms and suites skillfully blending period antiques and handmade quilts with the modern conveniences of air conditioning, television, and mini-refrigerator. All have a private bath, many with a whirlpool tub. Some rooms and suites have a romantic gas-log fireplace.
Have the convenience of our complimentary bicycles and beach chairs during your stay.
Check-in anytime between 2 and 9 p.m. Later check-ins can be arranged with prior notice. Check out is before 11 a.m. but we invite you to enjoy The Queen Victoria® facilities, including the fully stocked after-beach outside showers, bicycles, beach chairs and pantries for the remainder of the day. Please join us for tea again if you can.
Explore Cape May in any season. The Queen Victoria® Bed and Breakfast is open all year with holiday festivities and special winter packages for you.
The Queen Victoria® Bed and Breakfast is a non-smoking property.
Smoking is permitted outdoors and on the porches.
Choose from Thirty-two attractive rooms and suites, all with private bath, color television with DVD players (for those who prefer to "step back" to a quieter time, just ask and we will remove the television from your room for your stay), mini-refrigerator, hair dryer, clock radio, iron and ironing board, and air conditioning. The large premium rooms and all suites offer luxury baths with whirlpool tubs. Some have a gas-log fireplace. Wireless internet is available throughout the inn.
The décor is a refreshing blend of modern comforts and period antiques with special attention to the benefit of a great night's sleep. The bedding is consistent with the high standard of The Queen Victoria® with 310-count cotton sheets, topped with a handmade quilt or custom comforter.
All rooms and suites are non-smoking.
Breakfast and afternoon tea at The Queen Victoria® are times for you to savor our generous offerings and share company with your fellow guests. At breakfast, you gather around a large table in one of our two dining rooms and enjoy conversation and company along with our bountiful buffet. Often you will find you have much in common with your fellow guests - the world can be very small around our big breakfast table!
If you're looking for a more private or romantic meal, dine in the House of Royals parlor with its charming bistro tables set amid the incredibly ornate Victorian decor. It's the prettiest dining room in Cape May! In the warmer months, outside dining is available on the porches of both the Prince Albert Hall and House of Royals buildings.
At afternoon tea, you similarly gather on the wide porches in summer or in the cozy parlors in winter to sip tea and converse about your day, as well as to plan your evening entertainment, often while browsing through the stack of restaurant menus we keep on hand for your convenience.
However enjoyable the conversations with other guests, you will always look forward to our breakfast and tea at The Queen Victoria. Many choose our bed and breakfast because of our abundant and delicious breakfast offerings. You may serve yourself from the sideboards anytime from 8 to 10 a.m., which accommodates both early-risers and those of you who relish an opportunity for extra sleep. Freshly brewed coffee both regular and decaffeinated, is available for you in the guest pantries 24 hours a day.
Let us tell you about our breakfast buffet to whet your appetite. Abundance and generosity are served in a comfortable and enjoyable fashion in our inn.
* Fresh squeezed Orange juice, plus another choice of juice, never the same two days in a row!
* Cereals: We feature our famous homemade granola, which we call "The Queen's Oats", plus a basket of cereals for you to select.
* Fresh fruit salad is prepared daily from a seasonal selection along with an assortment of whole fruits for your enjoyment each morning. There is also a bowl of Dannon vanilla yogurt for topping or layering with granola to make your own breakfast parfait.
* Homemade muffins are hot from the oven and may be banana-chocolate chip or the ever-popular blueberry.
* Toasting breads include a variety of Wolferman's English muffins, freshly baked bagels and an assortment of our popular homemade fruit and nut breads, served with cream cheese and the Queen's delicious homemade strawberry jam.
* Hot entrees always include one of our popular egg casseroles plus a side dish of a breakfast meat such as sausage or ham, or for variety, a fruit crisp.
* Green Mountain Coffee is freshly brewed for you, regular and decaffeinated. If you prefer tea, you may choose from a wide variety of teas including black, herbal and decaffeinated. We will brew your tea in a pot chosen from our collection of over fifty teapots!
* For those of you watching the "carbs", hard-boiled eggs are available every morning.
Each day from 4 until 5:30 p.m., you are invited to join us for that civilized English tradition, afternoon tea. Our tempting tea-time menu includes at least three items to enjoy: a sweet, a savory and a "treat", along with hot tea in the winter and iced teas in the summertime.
* A sweet such as cream cheese frosted banana bars, cinnamon walnut shortbread, mint brownies or almond apricot triangles are popular. It's no accident that there is a preponderance of chocolate in many of the sweets!
* The savory is the British tradition of a non-sweet item at afternoon tea. Ours include our signature cheese spreads served with crackers, a spread with assorted veggies, or sliced fruits for variety.
* The treat makes afternoon tea special. You can look forward to delicious treats such as chocolate cake with drizzled icing, puff pastry filled with smoked salmon, cucumber sandwiches, or freshly made scones with our popular homemade strawberry jam.
We proudly serve Harney's Tea in the afternoon. Hot or iced, Harney's flavors are delicate, not overpowering. You will notice the aroma of peach, vanilla, black currant or mango, all delicious whatever the temperature. Summertime iced tea served with fresh mint from our garden also includes an herbal tea-everyone's favorite is Lemon Zinger. And remember, there are always seconds and even thirds available from the sideboard as you enjoy conversation with your new-found friends at our inn. Food and friendship go together at The Queen Victoria® Bed and Breakfast Inn. Bon appetit!
Cape May is a year-round vacation destination with each season being so very special and captivating. From summer fun on the beautiful Cape May beaches to the festivities of Victorian Week in the spring and fall to the glorious Christmas holiday and all the events and activities in-between, historic Cape May has so much for you. In addition to the following special events, you can enjoy carriage rides, train rides, nature trails, gourmet dining, theater, shopping, walking tours, trolley tours, whale watching boat rides, bicycling, climbing to the top of the lighthouse, fishing, sailing, kayaking, tennis, or just relaxing and rocking on our porches!
For more information on any event, you may click on the hyperlinked names to visit the web site of the sponsoring organization. Become a "four season" visitor to Cape May and enjoy the different faces our Victorian village offers you throughout the year.