I recently went along with my husband on a business trip he had to Boston and Stowe, VT. He was visiting hedge funds as possible additions to his 9 year old Eagle Rock Diversified Fund. He also had a morning meeting at the MIT Sloan School so we were looking for a hotel near MIT. His MIT contact suggested three or four in the Cambridge area. We picked the Kendall Hotel on Main Street in Cambridge which has been converted from a Victorian firehouse into a small, friendly, different, fair value hotel which we thoroughly enjoyed.
We arrived late so decided to try the hotel restaurant for dinner, something we seldom do. The Black Sheep Restaurant named after the Engine 7 firemen who worked from the firehouse and considered themselves the black sheep of the Cambridge Fire Department was first rate. The restaurant brands itself as offering sophisticated dining kept simple. I enjoyed one of the better chicken pot pies I have had. Jack had an exceptional squash soup as his entree. The next morning we enjoyed their very complete buffet breakfast.
For both dinner and breakfast the restaurant was full. What struck us from the snippets of conversations we overheard was that everyone in the dining room was smart and talking about a range of interesting topics. Given the hotel is right in between MIT and Harvard this did not surprise us.
We recommend the Kendall highly. Their web site is www.kendallhotel.com and the reservation number is 866-566-1300. Have fun.
Latest from Judy Chapman
- To the moon and back: a childhood under the influence
- Happy Holidays from Garden State Woman!
- Rising Star Award Honors Immigrant Entrepreneurs Making a Difference in New Jersey
- Sur-thriving” After September 11th - How One Widow is Framing Tragedy in a New Light
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Awards $30,000 Grant to Provide Scholarships That Will Enhance Learning Opportunities for BSN Students