We have a friend who wishes to remain a mystery but we want to tell you about her anyway.
She is an exceptional coach helping executives and other non-political leaders sharpen and improve their public speaking and presentation skills. She has been doing this for years relying exclusively on referrals. In fact she will only consider providing coaching to people she knows already or who are referred by others whose judgment she respects and values.
Most of us know the fear of standing in front of people and sharing our expertise, knowledge and recommendations. Our good friend helps people deal with and overcome these fears by coaching them to develop the requisite skills they need to succeed presenting their ideas in all contexts.
Her Coaching Business Model
She delivers her coaching in three basic ways:
- Groups of 5 executives who spend the day training at her facility in the city. She prefers that the 5 people all come from different organizations and the organizations can be of any type (except political). These sessions require a $1500 per person investment. I gather these sessions are not for the faint hearted since our coaching friend is there to improve the clients' capabilities and not stroke their egos.
- One-on-one which may also include helping the client develop a particularly important speech or presentation? These assignments can go on for days over a period of time until the client gets it right.
- On-site at a client's organization running a full day program for their key executives that need to improve their speaking and presentation skills. Generally these all day programs require an investment by the client in the $7500 range.
Our friend has lost her appetite for travel so she basically keeps her plate full just serving clients in the metro area and staying in touch with other prior clients around the world by phone and email. My husband Jack recently spent several hours with our new friend learning about her practice. He came away raving about her capabilities.
Your Possible Follow Up Action
Latest from Judy Chapman
- The Community Chest to Honor Teen Philanthropist, Lakeland Bank and Bergen Family Promise at Gala
- Leslie Howard, Esq. Founder and Managing Partner Cohen Howard, LLP
- Nowhere To Call Home
- League of Women Voters Launches 'Make a Voting Plan' Campaign
- League Celebrates Women's Equality Day and 100 Years Giving Women the Power to Vote