A $1500 (or more) scholarship will be awarded for the school year beginning September 2015 to one or more outstanding women, graduating from a public or private high school in New Jersey in 2015. The scholarship funding will be deposited directly into a student's account at the selected university. Equal deposits will be made at the beginning of each semester during the 2015/2016 college year assuming satisfactory completion of the previous semester. It is possible that the recipient will be eligible for continuing scholarship support from our Foundation, of equal or greater amount, for subsequent years attending the same or another four-year New Jersey university or college
- Any high school girl graduating from a public or private New Jersey high school in 2015, and;
- Accepted into and attending a 4 year New Jersey college or university and pursuing either an undergraduate business, accounting or STEM degree beginning September 2015.
- Graduating with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0. Those with a higher GPA will be preferred.
- With satisfactory SAT scores – ranking in the top 50% will be preferred.
- Accepted to and attending a New Jersey four-year college or university beginning in the Fall of 2015.
- With obvious demonstrated financial need.
- With a strong record of high school and/or community leadership and involvement.
- Interested and motivated to be mentored by a successful New Jersey woman beginning in the Fall of 2015.
- Highly interested in working as a paid intern during the summer of 2016 with a company to be determined and of interest to the applicant.
- Agreeing to write at least one article for Garden State Woman Magazine about her educational experiences during her freshman year at college.
- Agreeing to call Judy Chapman, head of the Foundation, to discuss progress at college and other possible ways for the foundation to be helpful. Calls will be expected at least twice during each semester, i.e. October 2015, December 2015, February 2016 and April 2016. Providing an official copy of the college report card at the end of each college semester. This is mandatory for continuing scholarship assistance.
The Application Process
- Complete the Garden State Woman Education Foundation application, which will include an essay up to 700 words explaining why the applicant is a strong candidate for this scholarship.
- Submit three letters of recommendation (none from the family), including one from the high school guidance counselor, one from a senior class high school teacher and one other. Submit transcript of grades for four years of high school. Submit SAT scores.
- Submit list of New Jersey colleges and universities being applied to and where accepted. Indicate the college of choice.
- Applicants will be interviewed during May 2015.
- The Garden State Woman Scholar will be notified by June 2015.
- The total amount of the 2015/2016 scholarship is expected to be $1500 and will be awarded to successful applicants via direct deposit into the student's university account at the beginning of each semester over the 2015/2016 school year, so long as the recipient maintains a GPA in the college or university of 3.0 or higher and completes each semester successfully. Payments will be made directly to the school on behalf of the scholarship recipient.
Scholarship applications are accepted starting January 15th, 2015 and must be post marked or faxed no later than May 1, 2015 and sent to:
GardenState Woman Education Foundation
c/o Judy Chapman, Founder
Box 709 – 210 Parker Road
Long Valley, NJ07853
*Please download the below attachment and follow the instructions. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Latest from Judy Chapman
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Awards $30,000 Grant to Provide Scholarships That Will Enhance Learning Opportunities for BSN Students
- Sarah Krom Becomes President of New Jersey Society of CPAs for 2018/19; Youngest to Hold Office
- My Book of the Month
- Capacity Crowd Attended the 5th Annual Business Education and Career Summit
- Learn About a Business Education & Career