This email came to us from Sanofi-aventis U.S. asking that it be distributed to our readers as an information piece. We think it is important for all our readers to understand the various points of view of the interested parties in the health reform legislation. We trust you will find this information helpful.
As you may know, the U.S. Senate is scheduled to begin floor debate on health care reform legislation this week. We expect amendments to be introduced on the Senate floor that will negatively impact our industry and jeopardize patient safety and access to medicines. We ask that you contact your Senators to ask them to vote NO against amendments that put patient safety, access to innovative therapies, and access to Medicare Part D prescription drugs at risk.
YOUR VOICE MATTERS!
As a constituent, your views matter to your Members of Congress, and you can make a difference. Beginning today, we encourage you to reach out to your legislators and make your voice heard by demonstrating support for health care reform that ensures that all Americans have access to affordable, quality health care, including prescription drugs. Take action today!
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO SHARE YOUR VOICE ON HEALTH CARE REFORM?
This upcoming activation presents a prime opportunity to send a letter or place a call to elected officials to underscore the importance of voting NO on amendments that seek to:
- Allow foreign drugs to be imported, which could increase the flow of counterfeit drugs into the U.S. and potentially cause harm to American patients without guaranteeing lower prices;
- Limit medical innovation by seeking to undermine the 12 years of data protection provided to innovator biologics in an amendment to establish an abbreviated regulatory pathway for approval of biosimilar products; and
- Impose market-distorting price controls such as mandatory drug rebates, which, according to government and other experts, will likely have the effect of raising Medicare Part D premiums by as much as 20 percent and other unintended consequences.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
Now, as the Senate works to finalize its bill, we urge you to demonstrate the strength of the biopharmaceutical sector by joining in this industry-wide effort to take action on issues affecting our industry. We encourage you to contact your Senators to ask them to vote NO on amendments which harm patient safety, innovation, and the Part D benefit.
Please take action today and write a letter on behalf of the Sanofi-aventis U.S. grassroots network prior to December 14, 2009.
Your action is critical to the success of this effort and to the passage of comprehensive health care reform. Thank you in advance for your participation.
Latest from Judy Chapman
- To the moon and back: a childhood under the influence
- Happy Holidays from Garden State Woman!
- Rising Star Award Honors Immigrant Entrepreneurs Making a Difference in New Jersey
- Sur-thriving” After September 11th - How One Widow is Framing Tragedy in a New Light
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Awards $30,000 Grant to Provide Scholarships That Will Enhance Learning Opportunities for BSN Students