Ms. McIntyre is a Professional Spiritual Intuitive leading men and women into higher states of expression and beauty consciousness.
Dawn begins the book remembering the first time she had heard a woman referred to as a "10." It was 1979 and Bo Derek became the "official" standard for beauty. It included being tall and blonde, having a golden tan, a killer smile and a body that looked dynamite in a bathing suit. That's about all there was – an outer beauty that created a global sensation. Men quickly began ranking the women they knew from 1 – 10. Women began to judge themselves by the same standards and began to care more about what they looked like rather than who they were. A number now defined our worth.
How much progress have we made since 1979? Have we successfully redefined beauty? What value system do we teach our children? Lots of food for thought and discussion.
Latest from Judy Chapman
- Boheme Opera NJ Celebrates Three Decades with Reunion Concert
- To the moon and back: a childhood under the influence
- Happy Holidays from Garden State Woman!
- Rising Star Award Honors Immigrant Entrepreneurs Making a Difference in New Jersey
- Sur-thriving” After September 11th - How One Widow is Framing Tragedy in a New Light