I just received an email from my friend JoAnn Dixon sharing a precious moment as a mom and a golfer.
JoAnn played in a charity golf event Sunday at Minebrook with her youngest son. Even if you do not know anything about golf you have probably heard the expression "a hole in one" which loosely translates to getting the little white ball in the little round hole with one swing of a golf club.
This is not something that happens often – JoAnn said the last time she remembers getting a hole in one, she was too young to appreciate the accomplishment. Now, a mature, experienced golfer she totally appreciates the uniqueness of her accomplishment. Not to be outdone by his mother, Peter won closest ball to the pin and they came away as the #1 team. For a mom and a golfer it does not get better than that. Congratulations to JoAnn and Peter – we admire your skill.
Latest from Judy Chapman
- Boheme Opera NJ Celebrates Three Decades with Reunion Concert
- To the moon and back: a childhood under the influence
- Happy Holidays from Garden State Woman!
- Rising Star Award Honors Immigrant Entrepreneurs Making a Difference in New Jersey
- Sur-thriving” After September 11th - How One Widow is Framing Tragedy in a New Light