One of the positive benefits of tough economic times is that we look among our friends and family for resources. Our value system rotates as we head into the holiday season. Gifts are symbolic of the value we place on friends and loved ones. Often the symbolism far outweighs the dollar value of the gift. Sharing a new idea, a new adventure, a new acquaintance are personal gifts that are priceless. Showing interest in the lives of those around us is a priceless gift. The gift of time is a priceless gift. The old fashioned idea that "little things mean a lot" is really not so old fashioned.
As you get caught up in the cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie, take time to give some hugs, smile a lot and share happy thoughts. These are the gifts you can give that mean so much to everyone that you come in contact with.
Happy Thanksgiving to you, your family and friends from all of us at Garden State Woman.
Latest from Judy Chapman
- To the moon and back: a childhood under the influence
- Happy Holidays from Garden State Woman!
- Rising Star Award Honors Immigrant Entrepreneurs Making a Difference in New Jersey
- Sur-thriving” After September 11th - How One Widow is Framing Tragedy in a New Light
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Awards $30,000 Grant to Provide Scholarships That Will Enhance Learning Opportunities for BSN Students