How often in the course of a day's events do you come across the opportunity to seek advice? Often you are looking for validation of a decision. Do you have a network of people that you trust, that you know are confidants? This is particularly challenging when you are faced with a business decision. What are the resources that you have available?
Is there someone with expertise that you can consult? Too often we do not focus on building a network of personal as well as professional resources. Traditionally women rely on a network of "girl friends" to serve as a sounding board. This will be helpful as long as the friend understands the big picture with which you are dealing.
Being diligent about building a reliable network is key. It does not just happen. It requires thought and planning. Join Garden State Woman on Friday, May 20, 2011 from 8:30 am to 11 at the Park Avenue Club in Florham Park for tips from a master networker, Jack Killion. Sign up here.
Latest from Judy Chapman
- Boheme Opera NJ Celebrates Three Decades with Reunion Concert
- To the moon and back: a childhood under the influence
- Happy Holidays from Garden State Woman!
- Rising Star Award Honors Immigrant Entrepreneurs Making a Difference in New Jersey
- Sur-thriving” After September 11th - How One Widow is Framing Tragedy in a New Light