For many it may be difficult to feel a deep sense of gratitude during this Thanksgiving season.
The world seems filled with negative thoughts and actions and it is hard to keep up a spirit of optimism when everything around us seems so filled with despair. For just these reasons it is very important to be a positive voice in the darkness. Find those things that are truly amazing. For example have you thought recently about birds? Have you marveled at the self sufficiency of these wonderful creatures that are so important to our health and well being. Have you ever heard a bird complain because it cannot find a meal? Have you neglected to fill the bird feeder so the birds that depend on you have a dependable food source? Have you noticed how busy the squirrels are getting ready for winter? Look around you at the natural world – it is very resilient. I think we need to get our inspiration from the rhythm of nature. Be uplifted by the examples of nature rather than the ugly misdeeds of humans. Be thankful that you live on this remarkable planet. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Judy
Latest from Judy Chapman
- Boheme Opera NJ Celebrates Three Decades with Reunion Concert
- To the moon and back: a childhood under the influence
- Happy Holidays from Garden State Woman!
- Rising Star Award Honors Immigrant Entrepreneurs Making a Difference in New Jersey
- Sur-thriving” After September 11th - How One Widow is Framing Tragedy in a New Light