There is no doubt that Mother Nature is a force to be reckoned with. Her power is being brilliantly displayed as she continues to drop snow and other winter elements our way. The positive side of this is that in February we can look forward to Spring - in November all we have to look forward to is Winter. Even though blue skies and sunshine are everywhere, the cold wind prevents significant melting. When we get passed our inconvenience, we can marvel at the splendor of this Winter Wonderland.
Another dynamic force of Nature is the cycle of life. Many of us with pets can measure years by the amount of time we share with them. A sad day for many of us was the passing of our good friend Maggie.
She was a West Highland terrier that was a devoted companion to my friend Isobel for many years. Just as the passing of a dear human hurts the heart, so does the passing of a loved pet.
Latest from Judy Chapman
- To the moon and back: a childhood under the influence
- Happy Holidays from Garden State Woman!
- Rising Star Award Honors Immigrant Entrepreneurs Making a Difference in New Jersey
- Sur-thriving” After September 11th - How One Widow is Framing Tragedy in a New Light
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Awards $30,000 Grant to Provide Scholarships That Will Enhance Learning Opportunities for BSN Students