Women Spend Hours Taking Care of Others, But They Must Make Time for Themselves Too. An Interview with Jennifer Campbell.
Women often take on heaps of responsibility. From work duties to managing a household, these daily obligations can be a lot for one to shoulder, especially if they aren't carving out their well needed personal time. In fact, the lack of time for self-care is a growing issue affecting high-achieving women. Studies show that 76% of American women spend up to 10 hours a day caring for others, including partners, husbands, children, and colleagues. Many women may find that they put the needs of others before their own, leaving them with little time for their own personal well-being.
Jennifer Campbell, Soul Alignment Strategist, founder of High-End Life Incorporated, expert commentator, and thought leader shares thoughtful insight as to how women can incorporate self-care into their busy lives. Below are Campbell's responses on improving the balance between work and personal care.
- In what ways is self-care important and beneficial to incorporate into a busy life?
"Self-care is an essential part of leading a healthy and successful life, especially when it comes to being able to handle all the demands that come with living in this fast-paced society.
With all the demands of modern living, it's easy to feel overwhelmed and stressed out. That's why it's so important to take care of yourself and prioritize self-care.
Now, I know what you're thinking - "But I'm so busy! How am I supposed to find time for myself?" Don't worry, I've got you covered! By making self-care a priority, you'll be better equipped to handle whatever life throws your way.
Whether it's getting enough sleep, making time for a hobby, or just taking a few minutes to relax and unwind, there are plenty of practical ways to incorporate self-care into your busy lifestyle. So, take a deep breath, and let's dive into some tips and tricks to help you prioritize self-care and live your best life.
- Take a break from devices: Let's face it, our phones and laptops can feel like an extra limb sometimes. But constantly being connected to them can really wear you down. So, make sure to give yourself a break from the screens for a few hours each day. Your mind and body will thank you for it!
- Exercise: You don't have to run a marathon to reap the benefits of exercise. Even just a quick 15-20 minute workout can do wonders for your physical and mental wellbeing. Plus, it's a great way to relieve stress and boost your energy levels.
- Eat well: We all know that junk food can be tempting, but eating healthy, nutrient-rich foods is so important for maintaining a healthy body and mind. Plus, it will give you the energy you need to tackle your day with gusto!
- Connect with friends: Socializing is so important for our mental health. So, make sure to stay connected with your friends and family, whether it's over a cup of coffee or a video chat. It's a great way to reduce stress and feel happier.
- Make time for yourself: You deserve some 'me time', so make sure to schedule in some activities that you enjoy. Whether it's going for a walk, trying out a new hobby, or just reading a book, taking some time for yourself can help reduce stress levels and help you feel more centered.
- How can women redefine who they are into who they want to be moving forward?
"Redefining ourselves can be daunting, but the truth is, it's never too late to become the woman you want to be. No matter what stage of life you're in, you have the power to make lasting changes and achieve your goals.
So, let's start by asking yourself a few important questions: What do you want to achieve in life? What values and beliefs are important to you? Where do you see yourself in the future? Taking the time to answer these questions can really help you gain clarity on who you are and who you want to be.
Once you have a clear idea of your goals, it's time to create an action plan. Break your goals down into smaller, achievable steps that take into account your career, personal relationships, lifestyle habits, and hobbies. And don't be afraid to challenge yourself – the more you push yourself, the more successful you will become!
But it's also important to take a step back and appreciate the progress you've already made. Celebrate your achievements and be proud of how far you've come!
Remember, redefining yourself doesn't happen overnight. It takes time, dedication, and a little bit of self-reflection. But with perseverance and patience, you can become the woman of your dreams. With a clear plan in place, all your hopes and dreams are within reach. So go ahead and take that leap – start redefining who you are today!"
- How can women reorganize their priorities in order to make time for themselves?
"Are you struggling to make time for yourself? Reorganizing your priorities can be a great way to ensure that you have a few moments each day to take care of yourself. The following are some tips on how you can do this:
- Think about what really matters to you in life and make a list. Then, start with the most important tasks first to make sure you're focusing on what truly matters.
- Plan out your day ahead of time and include all the things you need to do, along with how long each task will take. This way, you can stay organized and tackle the most important tasks first.
- Make time for yourself every day, even if it's just a few minutes. Treat it like an important task on your to-do list.
- Find fun ways to take a break and recharge, like reading a book or getting creative with painting or writing in a journal. It doesn't have to take up a lot of time, but it can make a big difference in how you feel.
- Be realistic with yourself and set achievable goals. Remember to celebrate your progress along the way!
- Don't be afraid to lean on your friends and family for support. They can be a great source of encouragement and motivation.
By reorganizing your priorities and making time for yourself, you can make sure that you take care of both your physical and mental needs. Don't forget to treat yourself once in a while—you deserve it!"
- How can women balance the different areas of their life to work together instead of competing for their time and energy?
"As women, we all know how tough it can be to find balance between work, family, and everything else in our lives. But fear not, with some small adjustments to our attitudes and habits, we can learn to juggle it all and succeed!
- First things first: make a list of all the things you have to do and figure out which ones are most important. Don't forget that spending time with family is crucial, but don't neglect the other parts of your life that need attention too.
- Treat yourself: try to set aside a little bit of time every day to do something just for you. Maybe it's a bubble bath, a walk around the block, or savoring a cup of tea. Whatever it is, make sure it's something that helps you feel relaxed and recharged.
- Get your ducks in a row: invest in a planner or calendar to keep track of all your appointments, family events, and other commitments. It'll give you a clearer idea of how much time you have and help you stay on top of things.
- Share the load: don't hesitate to ask for help from loved ones when you need it. Everyone has something they can contribute, and delegating tasks is a great way to get things done without overloading your own plate.
- Don't overcommit: it can be tough to turn people down, but it's important to remember that you have limits. Saying "no" every once in a while can help you avoid burnout and keep everything running smoothly.
Finding that perfect balance between the various areas of life can be a challenge, but with some effort and dedication it is definitely possible. By following these tips, you'll find that you are able to better manage all aspects of your life and find more time for yourself in the process."
For more on Jennifer Campbell and the High-End Life Incorporated, visit highendlifeincorporated.com.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.